SystemsUp facilitated a Cloud Strategy workshop and Azure was identified as providing the best platform for delivering cost savings together with business efficiencies
The current 2015 StorSimple offer of a free device with an Azure commitment was identified as Poole Borough Council’s most cost effective route into Azure.
The first stage was to commission Azure as an IaaS platform. This included training their in-house team so that they would be comfortable in the processes required to utilise Azure.
The second stage was the installation and commissioning of the StorSimple 8100 device.
Customer Return on Investment
Immediate savings of over £60k achieved against:
- Budgeted onsite storage upgrade costs
- Immediate transfer of some non-critical workloads to Azure which allowed existing hardware to be re-allocated to a new Social Care system. This resulted in reduced capital expenditure on the new system.
The workshop also identified potential savings of £750k over three years.
Mike Hiscock the ICT Infrastructure Manager had the following to say about the engagement: “SystemsUp recently ran a two day workshop for the Borough of Poole focussing on establishing a business case for the adoption of cloud technologies. We found SystemsUp to be subject experts on both the technologies and the commercials of cloud adoption. Their systemic approach and rigour throughout the two days built real confidence in the eventual findings. The fact that SystemsUp were not trying to sell any products or services gave us the reassurance that the advice given would be vendor agnostic and truly in our best interest.”
- Poole able to realise immediate savings on their IT spend
- StorSimple is an effective enabler for Azure take on
- Azure provides on-going opportunities for further significant cost savings
The workshop approach is a very effective tool for promoting Cloud uptake and consumption. SystemsUp can help you test and migrate your workloads to the cloud following our totally de-risked process with assuredDelivery™.
I would encourage you to drop us a line and get in touch with us for a no obligation chat.
Marc Esmiley – @MarcEsmiley